Checkbox question

austin350s10

I am working on a excel project that contains two sheets: Sheet1 and Sheet2. Each sheet has a series of checkboxes that have identical titles.

EXAMPLE:
Sheet1
box1
box2
box3

Sheet2
box1
box2
box3

REAL WORLD APPLICATION: Sheet1 is checkbox data that is collected over the phone and may not be completely accurate. Sheet2 has much of the checkbox data that Sheet1 has but other stuff too and is completed in person. Since the checkbox data that is collected in Sheet1 is, for the most part, correct it would be pointless for the person completing Sheet2 to ask the same questions over again. That's why Sheet1's checkboxes should pre-populate Sheet2's checkboxes. But, Sheet2 is the one that really counts and needs to be 100% accurate so the user needs to be able to make changes if necessary.

PROBLEM 1: I would like the user to have the ablity to check a box on Sheet1. Based on which box they check on Sheet1, then Sheet2 should pre-check the box the user checked on Sheet1 without the user having to switch to Sheet2 and check the box manually.

PROBLEM 2: I would also like the user to be able to un-check the pre-checked box on Sheet2 and make a different selection.

QUESTION: Not to sure if this is a macro question or a simple formula but I am just wondering if this can be done or not.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Are you using the Forms checkboxes or the Control Toolbox checkboxes? If you use the Control Toolbox checkboxes there is a way this can be done. The Forms checkboxes may need a different approach.

Upvote 0
I was thinking of using the Form Checkboxes because I know how to use them better but I am completely open to using the Control Toolbox Checkbox if that is the only way it can work.

Upvote 0
This would be a great use of "Simulated CheckBoxes" See my my VBAExpress article
CheckBox Alternative. Same code on both sheets, but on Sheet1 add the line
Code:
Sheet2.Cells(Target.Row,"A") = Target
Adjust for your exact ranges. You can preset the Fonts on both sheets to "marlette"

lenze

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back