checkbox when row is hidden - resizing problem

Anrakuna

Hi,

I am making a workbook for work. I'm using activeX checkbox to hide and unhide certain rows when a checkbox is activated. In the section of hidden rows I have another set of checkboxes. I got the code to hide and unhide them, but if I save the file with them hidden and reopen the file and unhide them, all the checkboxes are in the wrong place. Is there any way to keep them to a cell or a different thing I should be using?
In the 'format control' 'object positioning' I checked the value for 'move and size with cells' and this seem to work, however as above not if I save the workbook with checkboxes hidden.

your help will be much appreciated

thanks

John_w

MrExcel MVP
Instead of checkboxes (ActiveX controls or Form controls) in the hidden/unhidden rows, it might be easier to use the Wingdings font (which can display a tick in a cell). Then each 'tick' is just a normal cell value which stays with the row whether hidden or unhidden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newaqua

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...