Chris 'Smitty' Smith

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Thank you, @Richard Schollar, @MrExcel (Bill) and everyone else who loved, was helped by, and remembers Smitty. He especially admired you so much, Bill -- glad you were there for him in his final moments, and that he was home with his family, surrounded with love.

I went on a long bike ride through the countryside today #ForSmitty -- this picture is by a shallow stream with lots of green that I passed by. I also tweeted a couple pics in his honor.

@WebVixn, I will remember him every time I admire the great outdoors, as well as often when I work with Excel for the great tips he passed along. He was/is (because his words are still there) a great #Excel trainer and Help writer. I also think about YOU every time I sing because we had so much fun singing together

Send a card to the Smith family - 704 228th Ave NE #843 Sammamish, WA 98074

Best to his wife, Cyndi, and talented daughter (especially with art) who is turning 16 in a couple days

Smittyride_200623_Tue_1951~-DSC00185_bike, shallow stream, plants_s4p_wFa_316x216.jpg

I have been away for a few days and am very saddened to see such a thread on my return. I had a number of interactions with Smitty over the years in relation to the operation of the MrExcel forum and he was always very helpful. He will be greatly missed by many. My sincere condolences to Smitty's family!

Thank you Richard for letting one of his other 'families' know about his plight.

For myself, there will forever and always be a hole in the Excel community with the loss of Smitty. If you met him you would know instantly that you have never met a kinder and genuine soul. I'm proud to have called him my friend. Everyone who met him had a positive Smitty Story - everyone.

For myself, there will forever and always be a hole in the Excel community with the loss of Smitty. If you met him you would know instantly that you have never met a kinder and genuine soul. I'm proud to have called him my friend. Everyone who met him had a positive Smitty Story - everyone.
Well said, Zack, and thank you! There's a hole in my heart. Your kind words and the words of all the folks he connected with really do soothe our broken hearts. So appreciated!
???❤❤❤

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmjmjmjmjmjm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back