Circling Text Within a Cell Without Drawing Tools ????

chelseasikoebs

Board Regular
I can't find anywhere where there may be some VB code to allow text within a cell in Excel to be circled. I don't want drawing objects, because many times I need to modify 30-40 sheets at one time and Excel doesn't allow you to alter drawing objects when you have multiple sheets selected. Therefore, I just want to be able to apply a circle around some text in a cell the same way you would underline it, for example. Is there ANY way to do this?? I figured my only hope is VBScript?? Thank you!!!

This is very close to what I'm looking for! The only problem is that our form contains 3 columns and 4 rows. And many times we need to circle multiple numbers from the list. Also, depending on the day, the numbers that need circled will change as well as the worksheet. For example, let's just say that:

Sheet1 = Products produced on 3/8/09,
Sheet2 = Products produced on 3/9/09,
Both Sheets are identical forms containing a list something like:

01 . 02 . 03
04 . 05 . 06
07 . 08 . 09
10 . 11 . 12

The scenario: Product 04 and 05 were both produced on 3/8/09 and need to be circled to indicate this on Sheet1. Then on 3/9/09, product 12 was made, which will need to be circled on Sheet2.

Can this still be done with validation?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
What range are those 3 columns and 4 rows in

and

what exactly is in a cell with a leading zero number, example, is 04 JUST 04 or is it apostrophe 04 or is it 4 with custom format "00" or is there a preceding spacebar character in those cells. People do funny things when it comes to displaying leading zero numbers, especially because your Subject line specified "Text" so I'm thinking maybe Excel is not regarding whatever is in those cells as a number.

Upvote 0
If you know the cells whose text needs drawing why not automate the task via a macro?
<br><br>
This actually worked very nicely! I created a new menu and commands within that menu that are recorded macros to circle whichever number I need circled! I did this at home, however, where I have 2003. At work we've upgraded to 2007 so I hope I can figure it out there! Thanks to everyone for helping me out with this!!! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back