Citrix (XenApp) + Sharepoint Server 2007 + modeless userforms

cluquezl

I've an vba app developed with Excel 2010, and hosted in Sharepoint Server 2007. The app includes a couple of modeless userforms floating over a large grid of data (option panels). When running it local, no matter if using Office 2010, 2007 or 2003 (we have the three of them on our machines), there is no problem at all. When we run it directly on the sharepoint site through a corporative connection, we find no problem either. Nevertheless, there's a third way we need to use, when we have to reach the document from an external connection (DSL and 3G), using Citrix to get to our sharepoint site. The Citrix client works with Office 2003, and as far as the document is a ".xlsm" file, it needs to convert it to make it work. The problem shows up when loading the non modal userforms, because Excel simply crashes, I mean it's not a code error I can debug. Excel displays a warning window ("Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close"), and I have to reset the whole system to be able to access the file again. If I change the userforms to modal, the app works fine, but we cannot read the whole data grid, of course.

As you would probably imagine, I've been working on it for a while, and I'm about to...

Thans in advance.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back