Class Form entry into weekly calander

dukeofscouts

Board Regular
for a the video version of this please see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lytvGWf4cwE

If you are on the officelive.com site please feel free to relay your e-mail to me and I will add you to the dummy down version of my file for you to view and edit.

The Problem is a little complicated to explain. I use excel to make a visual representation of my College Class load. To do this I have rows set to represent every 15 min of the day from 6:00 to 22:00. The first four cells of each class contain the needed class info {Title; number & credits; teacher & room; Start time & end time}. If a class is over an hour long I fill the extra cells with an "*" so that each cell for the class contains a text. I have each colomn set to the days of the week B:B=Sunday, C:C= Monday, ext.... I used to enter this all in long handed, but now I use a serise of formulas to take the class information and plug it into the correct format, so that all I have to do is enter the information into cells matching the desired information, copy formual returns, switch to the correct sheet, locate the time and day the class starts, paste values, paste formats, copy the class I just pasted and then paste into any other days the class might meet. I then switch back to the form sheet and clear the class infor out and type the next class in.

Does any one see a trick I can use (most likely VBA) that I can use to accomplish this?

What I need is a tool that will:
-Copy a cell range. This range is created with formulas. However since class langths are not all the same I have an IF formula set to show * or blank depending on if the cell needs to be filled or not. This means doing the CNTRL + Down Arrow trick fails to get the correct range since it sees "" as text not a blank.
-Find the correct days that the class meets based on the form I use to have the class info: Starting in a1 {"Weekday","Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday",Saturday";"Class Meet?","No","Yes","No","Yes","No","No","No"}
-Find the correct start time and paste the cells into the calander

Can any one recommened some ideas for this?

SydneyGeek

MrExcel MVP
It sounds like a lot of work to replicate the calendar functionality in Outlook.

Do you have a specific reason for doing this in Excel?

Denis

dukeofscouts

Board Regular
I just never have used the outlook program. I've used this workbook for going on about five years now. Only about a month a goe did I add in the formulas to speed up the process. I guess I'll look into outlook and see what it has to offer.

Thanks,
D.O.S.

SydneyGeek

MrExcel MVP
Give it a look, you may find that it does what you need. Check the help: you can create several different calendars so that you can keep your study schedule separate from other facets of your life, if you prefer.

Denis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leon_oscar

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...