Class Form entry into weekly calander

dukeofscouts

Board Regular
for a the video version of this please see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lytvGWf4cwE

If you are on the officelive.com site please feel free to relay your e-mail to me and I will add you to the dummy down version of my file for you to view and edit.

The Problem is a little complicated to explain. I use excel to make a visual representation of my College Class load. To do this I have rows set to represent every 15 min of the day from 6:00 to 22:00. The first four cells of each class contain the needed class info {Title; number & credits; teacher & room; Start time & end time}. If a class is over an hour long I fill the extra cells with an "*" so that each cell for the class contains a text. I have each colomn set to the days of the week B:B=Sunday, C:C= Monday, ext.... I used to enter this all in long handed, but now I use a serise of formulas to take the class information and plug it into the correct format, so that all I have to do is enter the information into cells matching the desired information, copy formual returns, switch to the correct sheet, locate the time and day the class starts, paste values, paste formats, copy the class I just pasted and then paste into any other days the class might meet. I then switch back to the form sheet and clear the class infor out and type the next class in.

Does any one see a trick I can use (most likely VBA) that I can use to accomplish this?

What I need is a tool that will:
-Copy a cell range. This range is created with formulas. However since class langths are not all the same I have an IF formula set to show * or blank depending on if the cell needs to be filled or not. This means doing the CNTRL + Down Arrow trick fails to get the correct range since it sees "" as text not a blank.
-Find the correct days that the class meets based on the form I use to have the class info: Starting in a1 {"Weekday","Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday",Saturday";"Class Meet?","No","Yes","No","Yes","No","No","No"}
-Find the correct start time and paste the cells into the calander

Can any one recommened some ideas for this?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
It sounds like a lot of work to replicate the calendar functionality in Outlook.

Do you have a specific reason for doing this in Excel?

Denis

Upvote 0
I just never have used the outlook program. I've used this workbook for going on about five years now. Only about a month a goe did I add in the formulas to speed up the process. I guess I'll look into outlook and see what it has to offer.

Thanks,
D.O.S.

Upvote 0
Give it a look, you may find that it does what you need. Check the help: you can create several different calendars so that you can keep your study schedule separate from other facets of your life, if you prefer.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back