Click on Pivot Chart data point and display data

tmm786

Hello,

I am looking for a little bit of help with a Pivot Chart and haven't quite found what I need through various searches. Of course, I may just not be quite hitting the right terms.

I would like to set up something to where a user can click on an individual value on a pivot chart (currently a line chart set up with 4 data series) and somehow display some underlying data. I have a lot of information stored in a data worksheet that I can't display all at once, but if a user sees a questionable data point, he/she can click and learn more about it from source data, or even a new query of the data worksheet.

Any help would be appreciated. I am using Excel 2010, FYI.

Thanks!
Tim

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
You should be able to double click on the Value in question, as long as that field is in the "Values" section of the Pivot Table, and it will bring you to those lines on the original table where that data is housed.

Does that not work for what you need?

Upvote 0
You should be able to double click on the Value in question, as long as that field is in the "Values" section of the Pivot Table, and it will bring you to those lines on the original table where that data is housed.

Does that not work for what you need?

Yes, that does work from the pivot table. However, I should have mentioned that the Pivot Charts are gathered separately on another sheet, a dashboard so to speak. I want to be able to go straight from clicking the point on the chart in question to the sheet view that you mentioned and bypass having to look it up in the pivot table that corresponds to the pivot chart that I am initially looking at.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back