Click, search(?) and copy/paste in same sheet

PHxLantern

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a question about a possible VBA code that I am not sure if it is possible. I'm learning some code but a lot it is still over my head.
I have 3 separate small warehouses with 2 of them needing materials for me to order for them.
I have a sheet with some items and serial numbers associated with those items. It's basically a list of possible items for them to request. A little over 400 items, give or take.
What I am thinking about is having Items in column A with the serial or product numbers in column B.
The reason for the separation is sometimes the serial number will change but not the product name and vice versa.
I would then like to combine the 2 in to a hidden column. I think I can do that with a formula easily.
The reason for the column to be hidden is just to keep things looking simple for others who are looking at this sheet.
Here's where I am probably overthinking this.
I want the others to be able to click on either item or serial number, have the corresponding info from column F put in C and input box pulled up so they can put in a quantity request and have that go in to Column E. I kind of fooled around with message box inputs and I somewhat understand how that works.
I already have a submit button figured out to email me the filled out columns. And the reason for the empty column is so it's not all mushed up when they email it.
Is this even possible or am I a bit crazy?
ColumnAColumnBColumnCColumnDColumnEColumnF (Hidden)
Item ASerial AItem A+Serial A
Item BSerial BItem B+Serial B
Item CSerial CItem C+Serial C
Item DSerial DItem D+Serial D

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyanscott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back