Click-to-enter list

PJFry

I regularly enter data into a table. I have several fields as Vendor, Operator, Region, Sex, Delivery Date, Recieved etc. and each category have limited number of choices (for example, I have 12 Vendors), I want to enter data via clicking on a list. I want to have a list with entries ( vendor names) visible, and in order to enter data in my cell, let's say cell B2, I choose the cell B2 and then click on vendor name, which is in a list/boxand whenever i click on that entry in the list, that entry will appear in my current active cell.
I want to replicate what an excel addin called calendar picker does, you go to the box and choose the day you want, and date appears in your current cell. I just want to build not calendar list, but list with names and when i click a name, that name appears in my current cell.
Please, I do not want to create a dropdown list, but instead a list that is open and entries in list visible, i just go to that list and click on a name, and that name appears in my current cell.
Regards.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back