Client wants a calendar days minus holidays

richardplim

Hi there,

I received a request from my client just now, hope you can help me.

Situation:
We have a list of Holidays per country, Name manager and let's say "Australia" for a certain ranges A2:A100

They want to include weekend in the calculation, they want straight minus then minus holidays

Example:
Date today - A certain date, I cannot use =Networkdays because it excluded weekends so

The idea is this "Date today "minus" "A certain date" then "minus all Holidays in Name manager" we should get a number result.

Hope you guys understand the question, thanks.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.

richardplim

Thanks this really works! Can u please tell me on =NETWORKDAYS.INTL(A5,B5,"0000000",Australia)

The selection only show 1 to 15, why "0000000" seven 0 works?

steve the fish

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Each zero just means that its a workday. If you see there are 7 of them each representing a day of the week. Not sure what you mean by 1 to 15??

richardplim

Thanks, now its clear.

=NETWORKDAYS.INTL(A5,B5, then a list of drop down appears from 1 - 15 with dates,Australia) -1

Thank you.

steve the fish

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Sorry I don't get what you mean. The holiday dates are in the named range 'Australia'. A5 is start date and B5 is end date. The series of noughts is to produce a networkdays formula with no weekends.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenno557

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...