Clocking times

Newguy1924

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, I have clocking times of myself, I asked a while back if somwone can please help with a formula as to how I can calculate hours worked, one Excel Wizzard came through and helped me! ? I have another problem now, my employer wants this in another format, is there a way (knowing time worked has been done) to enter a rate and it gives you what you should have received (this will be before tax) bearing in mind that anything worked more than 6 days should count as double time?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I dont see why not, just add a payrate and then you can multiply the rates together , with an IF formula for using 2xpay if over 6 days
But the layout and conent may be useful to see here
you can use XL2BB addin - see the menu on replying and my signature for a link
or put on a share like dropbox or onedrive, but XL2BB is preferred

I will see if i can find your old thread may provide more info

Lookng at some of the replies, it shows a RATE and calculation, so not sure why you are asking if a rate could be used
Also take a note of some of the comments on knowing how you data is constructed and laid out in the previous answer
here

Upvote 0
Hi, thank you, last time I tried to useXL2BB It messed up my sheet (I accept it might have been me) so if I paste the sheet in a dropbox folder and I share the link here, would that help?
I dont see why not, just add a payrate and then you can multiply the rates together , with an IF formula for using 2xpay if over 6 days
But the layout and conent may be useful to see here
you can use XL2BB addin - see the menu on replying and my signature for a link
or put on a share like dropbox or onedrive, but XL2BB is preferred

I will see if i can find your old thread may provide more info

Lookng at some of the replies, it shows a RATE and calculation, so not sure why you are asking if a rate could be used
Also take a note of some of the comments on knowing how you data is constructed and laid out in the previous answer
here

Upvote 0
Hi, thank you, last time I tried to useXL2BB It messed up my sheet (I accept it might have been me) so if I paste the sheet in a dropbox folder and I share the link here, would that help?
Ok, so I uploaded it to Deopbox and here is the link, THANK YOU SO MUCH?

Upvote 0
its still not clear to me what it is exactly you need , or different from your previous post
When i open the download file from drop box
I just see a list and 3 highlighted cells

is there a way (knowing time worked has been done) to enter a rate and it gives you what you should have received (this will be before tax) bearing in mind that anything worked more than 6 days should count as double time?

You have the Hours worked , I assume that what it is but not sure
Using this formula
=(SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(C965:C1034,3)="Out"),B965:B1034)-SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(C965:C1034,3)="In"),B965:B1034))*24
Working more than 6 Days - not sure what hours that relates to - would this be 6x7.5 hours - so would this be 45 hours standard week
and so anything above that at double rate
What is the rate per hour ?

45 @ standard rate
Then in the example
62.6 - 45 = = 17.6 at double rate

need more details

Upvote 0
Ok, thank you for looking into it, but let me try and explain better.

My work shift is a 12 day shift, then I get 2 days off.

According to my countries labour law if you work 12 days in a row, or just more than 6 cnsecutive days, from the 7th day your wage should be calculated at double time (rate x2), not single time as my employer did.

I sent my supperiors a grievence in which I said I want all days I worked longer than 6 consecutive days calculated as over time, and they asked me to show my working.

The excel sheet I attached was help I got from the previos post, that person just gave me a formula to caculate all hours but in single time (1x)

Hope this clears it up a bit, if not, I can try another way of exaining

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CantExcel123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back