Close file without displaying alerts

svg109

Board Regular
Hi All,

I need some help with opening and closing a file.

The excel file I have does not contain any code or any linked sheets/formulas or links. I have double checked the 'this workbook' module or any other sheet module for code. There is none present.

When I open this file, and immediately close it (without even moving the active cell), I get the typical excel alert message 'Do you want to save this file'. How do I get around this? Why is this happening to this file?
For almost all of my other files, if I open and close it without making any changes, excel simply closes the file without displaying any alerts.

Obviously I can type in code in the 'This workbook' module under workbooks_save : application.displayalerts = false
which will take care of my problem.

But I have approximately 4000+ such files on the network folder (which is read only) all of which seem to behave this way. Even when I copy one of the files to my hard disk and re-save it (after un-checking the read only attribute), the same thing happens.

Even though this is only a minor inconveninence at this point, I still would like to find out what is going on. Is there some setting I need to apply to the network folder?

Thanks in advance.

SG

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hi

I presume you have some formulas in these sheets that contain Volatile functions (eg Now(),Offset(),Rand() among others) which is causing Excel to ask if you want to save.

Richard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back