Closing XL leaves behind VBA password unlock

andrewb90

Hello all,

Most of the time when I close Excel, The VBA password box appears asking for a password to unlock VBA. I thought it might have had something to do with my Before_Close code, but it doesn't happen every time. I was wondering if anybody had any ideas that may help me identify the source of these issues.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I had been following this thread, as I have a similar issue! For me, it happens whenever I've used an "upload" spreadsheet provided by an external software company - not at the time I close their spreadsheet, but when the excel session itself closes. It also doesn't happen if I just open and close their spreadsheet without using the upload function, so I'm guessing it must be part of that macro. But of course as its password protected, I'll never know!

So ... do the times that this happens for you have anything in common? If you can work out a pattern, its probably the first step to identifying where the problem is.

Upvote 0
I know that it runs within one of my macros, the problem I face is not knowing which one. Though I have ruled out some of the basic functions, and so it's likely some of my more complex, multi-part subs that is causing it...I suppose I could run through each sub individually and then close my workbook. That would just take a while...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back