Code advice:- Automatic Email notifications for overdue workbook completion & final completion (multiple recipients)

Pdrive1

Hello guys,

I'm relatively new to the world of VBA programming and I have just started out my first project to help improve a design release process at my automotive engineering workplace.

So far, I have managed to write a code that creates a copy copy of a "MASTER" and saves it in a folder with an iterative (loop) naming convention PCT001, PCT002 etc. Within this template there are various sections for different people (persons A,B,C,D) to fill out before the component/assembly can be released and purchased.

At the moment it is up to person A to fill out their section and then pass-it-on to B,C and D manually via email but It would be perfect if I could automate this process and include an overdue notification system.

Ideally I would like for person A who creates the MASTER(X) copy to fill in their section and then type in the email addresses of B, C and D set a date and then send. Once maybe 5 days pass, the program would then check to see if certain ranges have been completed and if not, send out notifications to all (or some) members. It would also be great if a notification was send out upon completion of sections from persons A,B,C and D.

I have managed to find some useful information online from RonDeBruin for creating automatic emailing but I would like to know if someone has done something similar in the past and can offer any advice/tips on the project.

Thanks in advance.

C

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back