code and vlookup problem

d0wnt0wn

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if this is possible. I currently have a vlookup formula for materials and prices. my results page is sheet 1 lets say and the vlookup table is on sheet 2

so lets say that a material I buy (shingles) is in A1 and the vlookup result for B1 is $10.00 but I know the price just went up... using code could I enter the new value in B1 and have a popup box ask me if I want to make the change permanent and if yes then the corresponding cel in the vlookup table changes to that value and keeps the vlookup formula in cel B1... if the answer is no it then pops up a box saying "this will erase your formula, are you sure?" and if yes it simply erases the vlookup formula and puts in the value entered?

im trying to figure out a way for someone to enter a new value..... but not lose the formula which so often happens.

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
If you know the price has changed, why not make the change directly in the lookup table?

Upvote 0
Hi Joe..... its because the vlookup table is quite large and I am hoping to do this on the fly while I am building an estimate to save time... if I have to stop at each instance... then go to the table its quite cumbersome

Ken

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back