Code To List Numbers Missing From Sequence

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
What else can I say!!
You could tell us
- which of the two codes produced the error?
- is my assumption correct?
- do you get that error with all data samples or only one/some?
- do you get that error with the small sample data shown in post #1
- if the data producing the error is other than the sample data, tell us about the size & nature of that data.

If we can't reproduce the error, what else can we say other than that we don't get that error?

Dazzawm

I think I have found the problem. Not all the data has 4 numbers like my example. There are ones with 3 i.e SS010, SS200. When I run the code with the same as my example it worked fine. Sorry my fault. Can the code accommodate any amount of numbers after the prefix please?

Dazzawm

9 times out of 10 the prefix letters would be the same.

Dazzawm

If it makes it easier I can try to make the files with all the same prefix and and the same amount of digits after, although may be a little tricky.

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Get External Data (long shot question!)
    This is likely a long shot but I am wondering if it is at all possible for Excel to somehow 'change' the contents of a URL that is being linked to...
  • Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • Cell Formatting
    Good Morning, I need to format a few different cells in the following manners: A1 has to always add a colon (:) after whatever is typed in by a...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • Workbook_Change stopped working !
    I am working on an app to speed up & automate processing of Credit Cards statements. After data is input from a CSV file, it is presented to the...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...