code to run macro on selected sheet

FMW

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
Everyday I received daily sales with a an excel sheet of anywhere from 10 to >100 job numbers. 1x per week I enter the necessary informtion into our invoicing program.
One of the steps I have to do first is sort each sheet by job number, customer, material. Then I also group customers (subtotal function).

I have macro for sorting and subtotal function. However, I cannot figure out code to run the macro on selected sheet. Currently, for example, my macro is:

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hello, I think your post is missing the macro :) … You can edit it before 10 mins of your post time. Insert the code then highlight it then press the <vba/> button

Upvote 0
Yes...I guess my fingers moved a lot quicker than my brain. I have 7 sheets. Going into each differently named sheet and sorting "manually" is time consuming. Changing the sheet name of the below macro is not ideal either. I'm relatively new to macros, but am ambitious enough to want to learn how to execute these repetitive tasks. Thank you for your kind help.

Sub SortSalesDetail()

'

' SortSalesDetail Macro

' Sort Sales Detail

Range("A1:N55").Select

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("2020-05-12_Tickets").Sort.SortFields.Clear

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("2020-05-12_Tickets").Sort.SortFields.Add2 Key:= _

Range("E2:E55"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:= _

xlSortNormal

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("2020-05-12_Tickets").Sort.SortFields.Add2 Key:= _

Range("H2:H55"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:= _

xlSortNormal

With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("2020-05-12_Tickets").Sort

.SetRange Range("A1:N55")

.Header = xlYes

.MatchCase = False

.Orientation = xlTopToBottom

.SortMethod = xlPinYin

.Apply

End With

End Sub

Upvote 0
Do you want to run the macro in all sheets of the workbook or certain sheets ?

Upvote 0
Certain sheets: If I get days 1 and 2 sales reports, I could go ahead and sort those. Sometimes the reports are sent to me all at once for the entire week, and other times, maybe 1 report a day (the sender of the reports is not consistent).

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to identify the sheets ? Or identify the sheets where you don't want to apply the sorting on

Upvote 0
Each sheet is named with the date_Ticket, eg: 2020-05-12_Tickets, 2020-05-13_Tickets, and so forth. I could identify sheets already sorted somehow--perhaps change the sheet name, add an "S" to the name?

Upvote 0
Would it matter if they all got sorted, even the ones that have alreasy been done ??
VBA Code:
Sub SortSalesDetail()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In Worksheets
Range("A1:N55").Select
ws.Sort.SortFields.Clear
ws.Sort.SortFields.Add2 Key:=Range("E2:E55"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal
ws.Sort.SortFields.Add2 Key:=Range("H2:H55"), SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal
With ws.Sort
.SetRange Range("A1:N55")
.Header = xlYes
.MatchCase = False
.Orientation = xlTopToBottom
.SortMethod = xlPinYin
.Apply
End With
Next ws
End Sub

Upvote 0
It would matter, because if I've already sorted a worksheet, I've also subtotalled (grouped) by customer and material.
Darn!

Upvote 0
Ok, is there an identifier in any cell of the sorted sheets, if so we could use that Identifier to skip the sheet

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back