Board Regular
I need code to search my hard drive for any xls sheets where i was the aurthor,
open the sheet,
do a routine,
then close the sheet,
then open the next.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Hi

I wont say im original thoughts IE whats this guy up to??? But what the aim, wnat routee do you wish to run.

YES i sound suspect as you want to find files that you should have access to by ICT shared rights - so you want to open other guys files and run a routeen on them and close them - ???

Can i kindy ask what the routeen will do and can you provide the coe to back this

Also why do you want to access as many and a guy have written of his files and amend these???

No suggesting anything but i have 6500 documents all i have made from VBA and routeens and would be less than please if these were edited with out my say so.. NO I WOULD EXPLODE!!!

Let me know and ill write code to do as you wish, as you see this is Jacks thing.

Kind regards

Jack

Upvote 0
I'm sorry if i gave you the impression that a wanted to edit your files. I'm looking to edit my own files, where i am the author. If i wanted to mess up your files, i would just use a kill *.xls statement.

Upvote 0
Jack in the UK said:
Hi

I wont say im original thoughts IE whats this guy up to??? But what the aim, wnat routee do you wish to run.

YES i sound suspect as you want to find files that you should have access to by ICT shared rights - so you want to open other guys files and run a routeen on them and close them - ???

Can i kindy ask what the routeen will do and can you provide the coe to back this

Also why do you want to access as many and a guy have written of his files and amend these???

No suggesting anything but i have 6500 documents all i have made from VBA and routeens and would be less than please if these were edited with out my say so.. NO I WOULD EXPLODE!!!

Let me know and ill write code to do as you wish, as you see this is Jacks thing.

Kind regards

Jack

Hi i was reading this and think you might be able to help me.

i have a network drive that allocates 250mb to each person. The problem that i have is that there are 170 people use the network and i can no longer find my files. I have used my full 250mb and have no way of finding my files. I stupidly stored them in different places and have no idea how to find them. I was thinking a VBA to pull the file name/location and author into excel but can't find the code.

Can you help?

Thanks

Naill

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back