Code works fine on my machine but not on workmate's?

rsmolik

Hi,

I am in real need of some urgent assistance. I have written a pretty simple vb code to do a cut & paste from different workbooks to produce a final workbook based on certain values inputed by the user.

This basically opens a raw data spreadsheet and manipulates the data then creates a new spreadsheet and pastes the relevant data to it.

The issue I am having is that these macros work fine on my work computer, I have even tried it on my PC at home and no problems there, but when my work colleague tries to run the code they get a subscript out of range error at various lines. I have stepped through the errors but can't see why they work on my PC but not hers??

This is really frustrating as I can't continue to work on this project until this is solve as this program I am writting is to make her life a little easier.

Can someone PLEASE HELP and give me some reasons as to why this might be happening?

I really, really appreciate any advice totally!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Take a look at the thread down a few from yours that had a similar problem:
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=286024

Note the things he said he checked, and check those yourself. The one's I would pay specially close attention to are the AddIns and VBA References.

Upvote 0
Subscript out of range errors often occur when a worksheet that you reference in code does not exist. Check to see that the worksheets you refer to are present in her workbook as well. If not, that's what you need to change -- either in the code, or by getting her to rename her worksheets to suit.

Denis

Upvote 0
This could be caused by different Windows settings.

Hard to tell though without seeing the actual code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back