Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
ROYALKINGS where
R=1,O=2,Y=3,A=4,L=5,K=6,I=7,N=8,G=9,S=0
Now whenever i type any code for example when i put YLS in a1 i should get 350 in b1 coz y=3, L=5, s=0
I dont want macro. Some formula function or trick.

Thanks n regards
Love u all

You are welcome.
Glad we were able to help!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Dear fluff in my last question you replied me with solution using office 365 and its working very fine. Below was my question i asked.

ROYALKINGS where
Now whenever i type any code for example when i put YLS in a1 i should get 350 in b1 coz y=3, L=5, s=0
I dont want macro. Some formula function or trick

This was your reply
=CONCAT(RIGHT(SEARCH(MID(A1,SEQUENCE(LEN(A1)),1),"royalkings")))

Just need to know the use of MID and RIGHT. Can you please elaborate ? Only applying formula is not ok na i need to know so that i can understand.

Thanks n Regards

Upvote 0
Note I have moved your post in to your original thread. If you have a follow-up question about a reply, you will want to post it back to the original thread. Otherwise, there is a good chance that the person who are trying to get the attention of may never see it!

Upvote 0
Note I have moved your post in to your original thread. If you have a follow-up question about a reply, you will want to post it back to the original thread. Otherwise, there is a good chance that the person who are trying to get the attention of may never see it!
Dear fluff in my last question you replied me with solution using office 365 and its working very fine. Below was my question i asked.

ROYALKINGS where

This was your reply

Just need to know the use of MID and RIGHT. Can you please elaborate ? Only applying formula is not ok na i need to know so that i can understand.

Thanks n Regards

Upvote 0

ROYALKINGS where

This was your reply

Thanks n Regards
Can anybody answer please ?

Upvote 0
The best way to find out what a formula is doing is to use the Evaluate Formula feature on the Formula tab.
The MID function splits the value in A1 into it's individual letters, the SEARCH then returns the position of the letters in the word RoyalKings.
As RoyalKings is 10 characters long the S will return 10 rather than 0 so RIGHT is used to just return the last digit of that number.

Upvote 0
The best way to find out what a formula is doing is to use the Evaluate Formula feature on the Formula tab.
The MID function splits the value in A1 into it's individual letters, the SEARCH then returns the position of the letters in the word RoyalKings.
As RoyalKings is 10 characters long the S will return 10 rather than 0 so RIGHT is used to just return the last digit of that number.
Thankyou fluff bro. Got it. Thanks & love ya bro

Upvote 0
You're welcome.
Dear fluff ! A very good morning.
Just need a slight change regarding royalkings. As i wanted, you provided. What if i need vice versa. For example 2 way in royalkings whenever i put r i get 1, or whenever i put 1 i must get r. It shud work both ways mixed way. Hope u got it.

Bye & regards. Love n care.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back