coding assistance

DJB09

I am new to excel, using excel 2010.

I am working on a program to be used for scheduling staff at work. I have compiled data into my Master list. This list has 2 weeks of dates and each day has 4 unique shifts (eg B3 - B100 lists all the staff available for a 7-19 shift, C3 - C100 lists all staff available for a 9-17 shift, D3 - D100 lists all staff available for 11-23 shift and E3 - E100 lists all staff available for 19-07 shift). On a seperate sheet (Sheet 1) I am looking to create the following if possible. I would like to use 2 drop down boxes, the first indicating the date and the second indicating the shift. Based on the results of the drop down boxes I would like to have a command button that would list those staff available from my Master list without blanks. For example if the first drop down box has January 1st, 2015 selected and the second box has 07-19 selected then when the command button is clicked, a list of employees will be copied from the Master list to the new sheet without blanks.

Am I a dreamer thinking this is possible?

Thanks

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back