Collate Muliple reports

toleafs

Any Help is Greatly appreciated....

I have a query where I enter 2 parameters: LanguageCode and PackageCode which then produces 2 reports. One report is a Letter and the other report has data in it. The issue I am having is that they open up seperately. I have to print both reports and manually collate them.

Is there a way which I can collate the Letter report with its associated data report so that when they print they are already collated.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Why not just make one big report that has these two reports on them as subreports? I think that may accomplish what you are after.

Upvote 0
Can't....because a there are many reports (Letters and Data) that can be used together, based on Language Code and Package Code. ie- English and Package1 , English and Package2, French and Package1...etc...

Upvote 0
In your original question, you mentioned two reports.
In this last response, you mentioned many reports.

Which is it?
How exactly does this process work?

Upvote 0
There are many reports, but I figured if I could gt help on one set, I could figure out the rest.
The process is Language Code is either English or French. There are 6 possible Letter reports that can match to 9 possible data reports. There are 17 Package Codes. I would like to have letter reports and data reports collate based on the language and package code.

Upvote 0
You are not limited to just 2 subreports, you can add more (I am not sure what the limit is).

If it was me and I was trying to do this in Access, I would try to do it with numerous subreports that have conditional print statements on them. You may even be able to reduce the number of reports you have, if some are similar to each other by using conditional print sections on them.

Quite frankly, we find Access reports a bit limiting for what we send out to clients, so we typically produce our reports out of Word (with a Mail Merge) or Crystal Reports.

I'm afraid that's about all the advice I can give you, as we haven't tried to do anything quite this complex with Access reports.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back