Color cell vba

JOEE1979

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a short code but I need to tailor it to my needs, for the most part I am successful.
1. Originally "i" was "For i = 1 To 3", I tried to change it but its not working (I have made that part in Red font to make it easier to see my mess up).
2. For the range, is there a way I can only gear it to a certain cell color (for example RGB 255,0,0)?
Thanks

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_click()
Dim mycell As Range
Dim myrange As Range

Set myrange = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D4:AD72")

For Each mycell In myrange
    [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]For i = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("E5")[/COLOR]
    If mycell.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Small(myrange, i) Then
    mycell.Interior.Color = 6750054
Else
     cell.Interior.Color = 14929080 'BLUE
    End If
    Next

Next mycell

End Sub

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
I suggest you always a) declare your variables (use Option Explicit) and b) properly indent you code so that you can see when you have not properly terminated code blocks. A code block is everything that fits in between its starting and ending part ( such as For and Next; With and End With; Select Case and End Select and so on).
That should help a lot.

A For / Next loop is based on a count; e.g. from 1 To 25 or whatever, so i cannot be a range: i = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("E5")

You have 2 ranges involved so I don't know which one #2 question applies to, nor do I get why you need .Small in the worksheet function line if you're only concerned about the cell colour. Maybe describe what you want in English instead of code - or perhaps better yet, post pics or paste sheet ranges with formatting, data and notes.

Upvote 0
I suggest you always a) declare your variables (use Option Explicit) and b) properly indent you code so that you can see when you have not properly terminated code blocks. A code block is everything that fits in between its starting and ending part ( such as For and Next; With and End With; Select Case and End Select and so on).
That should help a lot.

A For / Next loop is based on a count; e.g. from 1 To 25 or whatever, so i cannot be a range: i = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("E5")

You have 2 ranges involved so I don't know which one #2 question applies to, nor do I get why you need .Small in the worksheet function line if you're only concerned about the cell colour. Maybe describe what you want in English instead of code - or perhaps better yet, post pics or paste sheet ranges with formatting, data and notes.
I have a bunch of colored cells in a spreadsheet and they change depending on time of the day. The colored cells are scattered within the range I gave earlier. When I put a number in "E5" (ie5), I want it to take the smallest 5 number in that color (red) and turn them green and leave the rest of them in red.

Upvote 0
I want it to take the smallest 5 number
I don't get it. Which of these fives is smaller?

5 3 6 7 5 9 8 1 5

I suggest you create something in a sheet that shows what you want then copy and paste from there.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back