Colo's utility - problem with clipboard

Kade

I have never been able to get Colo's utility to work.

It seems to have installed ok, the timer works (checked the website and the counter was working)

I run Colos utility and it generates the the displayed range, and everything seems to be going fine.

It is at this point I run into a brick wall.

I click the large button at the bottom that I assume puts the image into the clipboard.

but this does not happen, so when I go to paste into the message body nothing on the clipboard to paste.

Have I missed a step ?

thanks kade

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I've had the same problem on another machine that was running xl2000 on win98 using IE as the browser (can't remember the version). I don't think it's a problem with the addin though - do you get unexpected / frequent page faults / javascript errors when viewing other pages? I didn't bother to fix it on the other machine, but my suspicion was that it was the browser that was knackered & needed updating with the latest patches etc (evidenced by Microsoft helpfully informing that I should 'view critical updates' anytime I went near one of their sites...).

So - have you installed all the latest patches for the browser?

Paddy
This message was edited by PaddyD on 2002-09-26 22:26

Upvote 0
Yeh paddy thats my configuration, and yeh I havn't updated, as I use netscape for all other browsing except this site( it seems to work better on IE)

You did give me an idea tho, so once I got the range up on IE I tried to save it as a HTML file and then open in netscape but alas it saved as an empty file 8(.

Oh well, I have got by so far without colo's stuff, and failing any other reponses from the board I will try again when I update my hardware.

thanks Paddy

kd

Upvote 0
I'm a bit surprised that the configuration is the same - kind of makes me suspicious again that it might be something to do with the addin...

Anyone else had the same problem with this set up (it was IE v5.0 by the way)

Paddy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back