Colour appears different from selected

lemonbarley

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone! I'm on O365.

When I download a report from a web-based system, the colours are easy on the eyes. When I transfer the data into a new worksheet, the colours change and make the data hard to read. On both original and new worksheet, the colour theme is the same, so doesn't seem like a matter of the report using theme colours.

What is really strange is on the report, when I go to More Colours to look at what colour was selected for a Teal-coloured cell, it shows Blue being selected (cellcolour.png). This is the colour which does appear when I have the data in the new worksheet (newworksheet.png). I've attached the images, I hope this helps you understand what I mean.

There is no conditional formatting or any vba coding in the report. When downloaded, the report is in .xls format. I use File > Info > Convert to convert it to .xlsx and it turns off compatibility mode after reopening it.

I don't have the power to adjust the formatting in the report template before the report is generated so any insights / solution after-the-fact would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• cellcolour.PNG
    cellcolour.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 9
  • newworksheet.PNG
    newworksheet.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
that is kind of weird. My first thought was indeed the colour theme in place. Are you really sure they are the same? Can you check which scheme is being used on the template? (Menu: Page Layout/Templates)
Have you tried the various templates available on your copy?

I think the makers of the template have modified their standard colour scheme. Then when you copy, Excel uses your standard scheme. And that is a different one.

Upvote 0
I went to Page Layout / Themes and Office was definitely selected. When I changed to other Themes, the colours do not change.
Tried changing the Color palette as well.

Upvote 0
Mmh. Baffles me then.
If you download the report often, then you (or I) could write a macro to change the colours to the ones you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back