Colummn of Text not following the Rows of Imported Data

JWGoldfinch

Board Regular
I have imported some data using MS-Query and an ODBC connection to an AS/400 and then add a column to the table that allows the entry of text, Example Column "A" is Cust# (From Database), Column "B" is Cust Name (From Data Base), Column "C" is a column I added to the tabe to allow the entry of a Ranking Code.

The problem is that after entering the Ranking codes they will not folow the rows when the data is "Refreshed" Example if I enter a ranking on "C3" and the data in "A3 and B3" get moved down one row on a refresh for a new customer number then the data I entered into "C3" stays on "C3" instead of moving down one row with the data that is now in A4&B4, the result is the Ranking is now on the wrong customer number. Any Help would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Thanks, I will reseach this a little to see if it will work. You would think there would be an easier way, since is you calculate a new column in a table it will follow the rows, it is only Text that does not as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back