Column Comparison Help

Frnak

Please help,
I have been trying to find a solution to a problem.
I get it about halfway right and then scrap it and start over again and try a new way.

Situation - I have a Historical workbook that contains three worksheets.
Monthly I add new shipments to one of the three sheets.
I have another workbook that has two worksheeets and I also update it monthly.

Here is the problem - Worksheet 1 on both workbooks has approximately 700 rows of items. Col A on all worksheets contains the item designation (alpha character followed by three numbers (no spaces)). The new list that I use to update the workbooks each month almost always do not contain the same number of items. So what I am attempting to do is create a macro or form which will compare the items listed in col A from the new monthly list to the "master" list in Col A on sheet1 and if there is a match then the quantity from Col B on the update list (worksheet) is placed in the correct row on the master worksheet list. Each month the number of columns will grow by one or two depending on the updates. Presently the sheet runs from Column A to Column CA. RefEdit helped me to lose a significant amount of hair. I can get the data to match and to be placed in the correct row, but that only gets me about halfway there. I am attempting to make this almost userproof due to the limited knowledge of the user. It would seem to me that I could use the same macro/form/function in both circumstances.

THanks

Frank

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back