COLUMN HEADER

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Hi
Not that I am aware of. Why do you ask? Are you using the form for data entry?
Andrew

Upvote 0
Thanks.
I imported a CSV file on a regular basis and have to run some queries, save the results of the query in an excel template, then change the column headings for each query accordingly. In Excel I Wrap the column header, but can't do that in Access.

Upvote 0
Why are you changing the column headings? Is this to accommodate a later process? If the column heding names are always the same, did you know you can change the heading within the query design screen?
Andrew

Upvote 0
Yes, I change the header in the query, but with 10 headers and the amount of charecters in each header makes it a bit difficult to analyze. Additionally,
I need to transfer to an Excel worksheet in a template to be uploaded to the mainfraim computer in a special format.

Upvote 0
Hi

Are you unable to save the query? Or is the format of the imported file constantly changing? I would have thought the format was consistent such that you could save and re-use the queries you have. If that is the case, then in your final query (the one you export) design screen prefix each field with the name you want to show followed by a full colon ( : ) then the actual field name from the csv file, so that each file looks like this :

YourNewName : YourFieldName

This will permanenty change the names that are displayed in the query to what is displayed before the full colon. I trust I'm not misunderstanding the issue....

Andrew

Upvote 0
The problem is "MY FIELD NAME XXXXXX.." is very long. I have about 23 colums with field names containing any where between 30 and 40 characters.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back