Column size / aspect ratio / view changes between laptops

Hi,

I've got this sheet where I've sized the columns, rows & zoom perfectly to fit a header picture on a single screen page where you don't have to scroll to see any of the data.
Also, cells were sized specifically to overlay on top of specific parts of the header image.

I just opened the same sheet on a different laptop and the same data fits on two "pages" so I need to scroll right to see the stretched data.
On top of that, the cells are off-center when compared to where they should be on top of the image.
Obviously this is due to the different resolution between the 2 screens.

My question is - is there a way to lock the aspect ratio / column size / whatever else, so that it appears the same between different laptops?

I don't mind if the cells/columns/rows size perfectly on different resolutions or if it looks perfect on one resolution and slightly smaller on another, as long as it caters to more than one screen.
This sheet is meant for a multi-user profile with different laptops & PC units between them so a lot of various screen sizes.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Only way I mange this is through VBA. In essence whenever a sheet is activated, it zooms to my specified cells meaning that the width of what you see remains the same whatever the ratio.

Upvote 0
Just change the range to suit

Code:
    Range("A1:S54").Select
    ActiveWindow.Zoom = True

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back