Column Sorting Trouble

mang121

Hello! I have a challenge for you geniuses.

I am trying to sort my column with an INDEX-MATCH formula. The Formula is pretty standard:
INDEX(Formulas!$AL$9:$AL$196,MATCH(Standings!C7,Formulas!$C$9:$C$196,0),1)

The INDEX-MATCH is pulling results of another formula from another sheet. That formula is:

IF(ISNUMBER(AK9),COUNTIFS($AJ$9:$AJ$18,">"&AJ9,AK$9:AK$18,"<>Not Qualified")+1+COUNTIFS(AJ$9:AJ$18,AJ9,AK$9:AK$18,"<>Not Qualified",G$9:G$18,">"&G9),"Not Qualified")

The result is either a rank of a a specific group of cell in my column or a text that states Not Qualified.

I am wanting to sort my ranking column (G) by these groups: G7:G16, G17:G56, G57:G110, and G111:G194.

Currently I am doing a custom sort on column G by values. Interestingly al the columns except for the ranking column sort correctly.

Any thoughts and assistance are welcome.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
I don't really understand what you are doing here, but just know that INDE/MATCH will always only return the 1st match it comes to - then stop searching. If you need ro rank/sort, you probably need to bring the RANK function into the MATCH function, as the search criteria

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Dibbins. I am trying to get some help sorting my rows. My data is broken up into 4 groups: G7:G16, G17:G56, G57:G110, and G111:G194. My ranking works great. I am really looking for help with auto sorting.

Does anyone have any VBA that can auto-sort these rows based on values?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tish101

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back