Column width displaying data as required......

damian_r_Home

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Morning All.

Having had some fantastic help from a forum member yesterday whi never gave up on my problem even when I was ready to (thanks Etaf), i wonder if somebody could help me with the following.

I have a page which now looks like this - which does eaxctly what i need it to do with getting data from elsewhere on another worksheet
1613115951096.png

The cells in Cols C, D, E, F, etc etc all have a very clever formula for getting that date which is this (taken from F6)
=IFERROR(INDEX('Procurement Progress List'!F$6:F$2000,SMALL(IF(('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000)="OUTSTANDING",MATCH(ROW('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000),ROW('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000))),ROW(D1))),"")

BUT, what I want the sheet to look like is this (edited in paint to show what I want)
1613116263986.png

At first it might not be massively noticeable what I'm after but basically I want to narrow down Col F and have the text (that is the result of the formula) be visible in full.

But if you dimply narrow down column F you get this, which is the text disappearing under the next cell in Col G
1613116414383.png

It does this because the cells in G have the formula
=IFERROR(INDEX('Procurement Progress List'!G$6:G$2000,SMALL(IF(('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000)="OUTSTANDING",MATCH(ROW('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000),ROW('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000))),ROW(E1))),"")
..and obvioulsy the contents of G6 cannot be blocked by anything in F6.

So, to all you wonderful people, if this even possible to do and if so, HOW!!!!

HAve a great day all.

Be sfae

D

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
It is Very Better to upload your example file & Desired Results with XL2BB ADDIN.
But try this:

Excel Formula:
=if(I6="",IFERROR(INDEX('Procurement Progress List'!G$6:G$2000,SMALL(IF(('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000)="OUTSTANDING",MATCH(ROW('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000),ROW('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000))),ROW(E1))),""),IFERROR(INDEX('Procurement Progress List'!F$6:F$2000,SMALL(IF(('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000)="OUTSTANDING",MATCH(ROW('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000),ROW('Procurement Progress List'!$A$6:$A$2000))),ROW(D1))),""))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back