Columns in a PivotTable

bowens7945

Question about getting data to show in columns in Pivot Tables.

I'm looking at customer data that I have joined from multiple locations; however, some of these locations serve the same customer but record the revenue at the respective location. I want to look at the data as a whole without regard to which location the customer revenue was recorded.

I have three years worth of data (2005, 2006, and YTD2007). I want to see the customer data on the left (column A) and each year's totaly revenue by customer in the columns to the right (columns B, C, and D, respectively).

Currently, when I add the 2005, 2006 and 2007 revenue fields to the data section, Excel places 2005, 2006 and 2007 customer revenue all in column B with a row for each customer underneath the customer name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
It sounds like you have three different data fields - revenue for 2005, revenue for 2006, and revenue for 2007. Please correct me if I'm wrong. They line up under the Data button in column B. To get the effect you want, drag the Data button into the cell immediately to the right in the C column. It's probably titled "Total".

You could gain greater flexibility from your data if you had one data field called Revenue (rather than three different data fields) and one more category field called Year or Date that you would use to slice the revenue with. But that's another question.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back