combine 200 workbooks of one format into one table of a different format

trickard1000

Hi. I am a noob! So, apologies if I have missed a post that explain this, as I am unsure of the language to use to describe it.

I have 200 questionnaires in the form of workbooks with several sheets. The data is almost all quantitative, percentages or numbers with two decimal places, but there is the odd X or 'no' and many cells are empty. The key data of interest resides on two of the sheets of each workbook, and every respective sheet has the same structure. Unfortunately, this structure is a bit haphazard, if consistent, and not presented as tables. It was designed to use in the field, with embedded formulas to create simple sustainability indicators for small farms.

I want to create one table with every single type of answer as a header, perhaps 100 headers, along the top row, and the results for each questionnaire can sit in its own row. Then I can filter, right?!

I can create the structure for this manually, placing each header of interest along the top. But, I want to automate the process of extracting the relevant information from the equivalent cell in every new workbook and putting it in its own row. I have been experimenting with placing all sheets of interest into one workbook, I am not sure if that might help. I imagine I can tell Excel which cell to look in for the information in one workbook or sheet, and then get it to repeat the same process for different sheets or books.

Many thanks for any tips or help you can give.

Regards,

Thomas.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back