Combine a large amount of operations into one

speed88bump

I need major help taking multiple actions or operations and create a macro that will automatically open and run the sequence at 6:30am/0630 everyday. I am more than happy to throw $20 someones way who can produce some code that I can use. I'll even take some code where 75% is written. I am a newbie and this will take me some time and normally I am up for the challenge but this time I don't have time as it is needed to quickly. I will pay via PayPal to a valid email address. I know its not much and if I had more to offer I would. I have made generic file references just for the sake of making it easier. I know if anyone can help me it would be the fine folks on Mrexcel.com

Public MyBook1 = “K:\\Files\MyBook1.xlsm”
Public MyBook2 = “K:\\Files\MyBook2.xls”
Public MyBook3 = “K:\\Files\MyBook3.xls”
Public MyBook4 = “K:\\Files\MyBook4.xlsm”
Public MyBook5 = “K:\\Files\MyBook5.xls”
Public MyBook6 = “K:\\Files\MyBook6.xls”
Public MyBook7 = “K:\\Files\MyBook7.xls”
Public MyBook8 = “K:\\Files\MyBook8.xls”

Public MyBookA As String
Public MyBookB As String
Public MyBookC As String
Public MyBookD As String
Public MyBookE As String
Public MyBookF As String
Public MyBookG As String
Public MyBookH As String

Ch Dir “K:\\Files\MyBook1.xlsm”
‘Select 12 Worksheets
WorkSheet "Sheet1" "Sheet2" through Sheet12
2. Unhide all worksheets contained within work book.
3. Search the 12 worksheets Row "D" for Today’s Date formatted as MM/YY and select cell, move 6 cells/Columns to the left.
4. Select entire active column, Select everything from active column to G:G, then, Hide
5. Search for Today’s Date (same as above) and select cell, Select entire column of associated cell
5. With selection XlRight to last empty cell and hide selection
6. Open “K:\Files\MyBook2.xlsx” Select “yes" on the dialog box. Open as Read Only
8. Select Active Sheet and Copy all the data
9. Open “K:\Files\MyBook1.xlsm” Select Worksheet “=TODAY -1” Ex. Workbook contains multiple tabs including 01 through 31 for days of the month. Looking for the previous day formatted as day of the month (4/6/2016 = 06) Paste data as value in cell A1
10. Save active workbook
11. With active WorkBook (MyBook1.xlsx) Select WorkSheet “Shock 1” and copy all data in sheet
12. Open Workbook "K:\Files\MyBook3.xlsx” Select WorkSheet “Shock 1” Select Cell A1 and "Paste Special" as Picture (Enhanced metafile)
13. Select Workbook “K:\Files\MyBook1.xlsm” Select WorkSheet “Shock 2” and copy all data in sheet
14. Select Workbook "K:\Files\MyBook3.xlsx” Select WorkSheet “Shock 2” Select Cell A1 and "Paste Special" as Picture (Enhanced metafile)
15. Save Workbook "K:\Files\MyBook3.xlsx” file as “K:\Files\”MyBook4 MM.DD.YY.xlsx” (MM.DD.YY will be TODAYS Date)
16. Close MyBook4 MM.DD.YY.xlsx
17. Close MyBook1.xlsm -
18. Open Workbook K:\Files\MyBook5.xlsm
`Hide date column to show one week span on the all tabs.
19. Same functions as Step 2 except instead of 12 worksheets on two.
20. Search for Today’s Date Formatted as mm/dd and select cell, move 6 cells/Columns to the left.
21. Select entire active column, Select everything from active column to G:G, Hide
22. Search for Today’s Date again and select cell, with cell select entire column
23. With selection XlRight to last empty cell and hide selection
24. Open Workbook K:\Files\MyBook6.xlsx Select "yes" on the dialog box. Update
25. Select Active Sheet and Copy all the data
26. Select Worksheet “=TODAY -1” Ex. Workbook contains multiple tabs including 01 through 31 for days of the month. Looking for the previous day formatted as day of the month (4/6/2016 = 06) Paste data as value in cell A1
27. Save active workbook
28. Open Workbook K:\Files\MyBook4 MM.DD.YY that was just saved on process 15
29. With active WorkBook (MyBook5.xlsx) Select WorkSheet “P552” Select Data and Copy
12. Open Workbook "K:\Files\MyBook4 MM/DD.YY.xlsx” Select WorkSheet “P552” Select Cell A47 and "Paste Special" as Picture (Enhanced metafile)
30. Open Workbook K:\Files\MyBook4 MM.DD.YY
31. With active WorkBook (MyBook5.xlsx) Select WorkSheet “U22X” Select Data and Copy
32. Open Workbook "K:\Files\MyBook4 MM/DD.YY.xlsx” Select WorkSheet “U22X” Select Cell A47 and "Paste Special" as Picture (Enhanced metafile)
33. Close Workbook “K”\Files\MyBook5.xlsx
34. Open Workbook “K\Files\MyBook7.xlsx Copy and Move entire WorkSheet “Sheet1” to Workbook “MyBook4 MM.DD.YY.xlsx” before sheet “Shock 1”
Close Workbook “MyBook7.xlsx” don’t save
35. Open Workbook “K:\Files\MyBook8.xlsx” as Read Only
36. Select WorkSheet “Sheet2” Select Data Copy
37. Open Workbook “K:\Files\MyBook4 MM.DD.YY.xlsx” Select Worksheet “End” Select Cell A1 Paste as picture (Enhanced Metafile)
38. Select Format, Delete Grid Lines and set Zoom as 75%
39. Move Worksheet “End” before Worksheet “Shock1” and Rename Worksheet to “Expedite Detail”
40. Select Workbook “MyBook8.xlsx” Select Worksheet “Expedite Matrix”
41. Move copy of Worksheet “Expedite Matrix” to
42. Select Workbook “MyBook4MM.DD.YY.xlsx” Before Worksheet “Expedite Detail”
43. Close Workbook “MyBook8.xlsx” Without Save
44. Select Workbook “MyBook4 MM.DD.YY.xlsx” Worksheet “Expedite Matrix” Copy all data then Paste Data as Value (This will delete all the formulas in this worksheet)
45. Save and Close Workbook

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
I assume you mean speed88bump and Bluetube as they seem to be

we are one in the same

Cross posting is frowned upon...actually a rules violation...unless you've given a reference...

Cross posting works against those of us that choose to help you.

Upvote 0
Am I to assume that Mrexcel.com and Excelforum.com are one in the same? If not then it is a free country and I am just trying to get my question answered using the broadest of means available to me. If they are the same, then that should be disclosed so folks know don't post here and here.

Upvote 0
No
Am I to assume that Mrexcel.com and Excelforum.com are one in the same?
Many of us participate in both and others. If you've posted the same issue in multiple Forums the Rules of the Forum, typically, will ask you to disclose that so that we, who wish to help, are not working at cross purposes. Quite simple.

Upvote 0
Am I to assume that Mrexcel.com and Excelforum.com are one in the same? If not then it is a free country and I am just trying to get my question answered using the broadest of means available to me. If they are the same, then that should be disclosed so folks know don't post here and here.

No, they are not the same, and you may recall that I assisted you to retrieve a post you overwrote in ExcelForum?

Look at it this way...if someone asked you for help on something that took you some time and effort to do for them, then, just as you were about to show them your brilliant solution, they said - oh never mind, some guy some place else helped me.

We are not saying you cannot post wherever you want (like you said, its a free country), what we are saying is that you are required to post a link to any other places you may have asked the same thing. Failing to do this could get some members to not bother to offer further help, on the assumption that they could very well be wasting their time.

Upvote 0
Totally understand that and that is not something I typically do. I am in a hurry to get this one done. I'll delete this one and hope that the other will get attention soon.

Upvote 0
you mistake our intentions here :( We in no way suggested that you don't post where you want, or that you need to remove this thread, just that you let all sites know that you have also asked elsewhere :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back