Combine and filter multiple workbooks into one results

Frankrizzo83

Please excuse the double dipping, I posted this question at another excel help site, unfortunately I haven't had any takers. Here's hoping I can get some help here!

I've got 21 workbooks that I'm currently dealing with.

Two workbooks (A1, A2) has specific names that are needed for the results page.

19 workbooks (B1-B19) have ALL (too much!) of the names in the office. Importanly, it has a "Start, Done, Last Completion" column for that particular course (name of workbook).

I am in need of two "results" workbook/sheet that only displays the names located in A1 and A2 workbooks. The "results page" should also have the "Start, Done, Last Completion" column data listed from the other 19 workbooks.

"Standard operation" involves manually filtering each of the 19 workbooks to only show the names of those in A1, then re-doing the same thing to show only the names in A2.
With the information, I then build up two "results" work books that have the names of individuals from A1 (and another for A2), with the name of the course (name of actual workbook B1-B19) along with a "start", "done" and "last date completed" all taken from B1-B19.

Please let me know if you need more information!

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Master Excel Bundle

Excel contains over 450 functions, with more added every year. That’s a huge number, so where should you start? Right here with this bundle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctornabe

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back