Combine Data in two Sheets Using VLookup "#N/A" Error

scomar411

I'm trying to use Excel V10 to combine data in two sheets and having a devil of a time. I'm trying to do this column by column but my ultimate goal is to pull several columns into my sheet by keying a common identifer in both. I did the following:

1. Names each sheet
2. Changed the entire number format to "general" for both sheets
2. Used the formula function in excel to create the vlookup. the formula looks like > =VLOOKUP(J2,'Add Data'!A1:S7422,14,FALSE)

After I do this get the "#N/A" error.

What should I do? Also, if there is a simple way to key on the one common data in both sheets and then pull multiple columns, I'd love to hear how.

Many thanks,
Scomar

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

fredlo2008

Can you provide a sample workbook of what you want to achieve? Remove sensitive information.

Thanks

Aladin Akyurek

MrExcel MVP
I'm trying to use Excel V10 to combine data in two sheets and having a devil of a time. I'm trying to do this column by column but my ultimate goal is to pull several columns into my sheet by keying a common identifer in both. I did the following:

1. Names each sheet
2. Changed the entire number format to "general" for both sheets
2. Used the formula function in excel to create the vlookup. the formula looks like > =VLOOKUP(J2,'Add Data'!A1:S7422,14,FALSE)

After I do this get the "#N/A" error.

What should I do? Also, if there is a simple way to key on the one common data in both sheets and then pull multiple columns, I'd love to hear how.

Many thanks,
Scomar
Does J2 occur many times or just once on Add Data?

scomar411

I'm not sure how to load a workbook. I've read the FAQ but it is not clear how to use the HTML function to load a sheet. Any advice...sorry.

CafeJr

(...)

Many thanks,
Scomar
Could be the order of data, these data must be classified by A to Z or 0 to 9... Another item is, if the column data (where are you looking the value) has a repeated data value, it could generate this kind of error...

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joaoamaro

This Week's Hot Topics