Combine Data Tables to Analyze in Pivot Table Excel for Mac

jan_d

I have two Data Tables that I would like to combine into one Pivot Table in Excel for Mac.

I have Excel for Mac 2019, version 16.54, so a lot of the solutions that are available online seem not to be available for me, such as combining source data into a new table through a Power Query, using Multiple source ranges/tables for the Pivot table, or establishing Relationships between multiple Data tables.

Here's the setup:
I have two Data Tables (on two different sheets in the same workbook). Each table has the following Columns that are : Date, Amount, Category, and Group. They are not in the same order in the two tables. (The tables also have some other unique columns that are irrelevant for my summary.)

I would like to create a Pivot table with Years and Months as columns, and Group (which is simply a Macrocategory) and Category as rows and Amount as values. I was able to successfully do that with data from one single source. But I couldn't find a way to get data from both tables combined.

It seems that my version of Excel doesn't have any of the following solutions:
  • the possibility to do a PowerQuery, through which I could first create a consolidated table on a separate sheet and create the pivot table from that
  • the possibility to create the Pivot Table from Multiple ranges/tables (I don't have any Pivot table Wizard option that I can find)
  • creating a data model by establishing relationships between the two tables and then using that to construct my Pivot table
Are there any other solutions that might work with Excel for Mac?

Of course, as a workaround, I could try to combine the two tables into one. But I would like to have the opportunity to add more data to each table and then update my Pivot – and since the data comes ordered differently, it would be super helpful if there was a way to keep the two tables on different sheets, so I won't have to rearrange data for one of them every time I receive new data.
Help is very much appreciated! :)

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 4.07.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 4.07.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 4.07.08 PM.png

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back