Combine select data from multiple sheets into one worksheet, possibly using VLOOKUP

apoorvaOlly

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I've been having some trouble creating a consolidated orders list from multiple vendors into one masters orders list. I receive files from various vendors which means the data is not set up in the same order or even with the same headers. I need to create a master order list with the following headers: Retailer, Product name, Description, Vendor UPC, UPC, SKU, Date, Shipping Address, PO (and possibly more fields in the future but this is what I need now). The files I receive will have this information but the header is not always the name. For example, UPC can also be Product Code. Also, the UPC in the vendor files needs to be looked up in our own Inventory file to find the corresponding product. For example, UPC from Vendor A is B-1234 but in our inventory it's categorized as 1234. So, here's basically what I need to do:
1. Find data from multiple files corresponding to the headers in the master order list
2. Input the data into the master file
3. Look up UPC/Product code from vendor file (Vendor UPC) in the Inventory file (UPC) and input that data into the master file (the master file will have both columns.)

I'm guessing this is going to require some macro which I have just started learning so I'm definitely not versed in it, yet. Any solutions/suggestions help! Thanks!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
regarding "comparing the vendor UPC header with our inventory file list", it's impossible to give you a code sample because you have not given all the possibilities that could occur between the mast inventory list and the incoming data. if the comparison would always be a scenario like you mentioned, than you can simply use the LIKE keyword with the "*' symbol to make the comparison. like this:
Code:
    Dim s As String
    s = [incoming data]
        If s Like "*" & sheets([index number of sheet]).range("a1") & "*" Then
            'insert the RANGE data into the master sheet here
        Else
            'vendor data can't be compared easily to internal inventory list, another method is required
        End If
as far as creating a master fileI don't know what method you're using currently, but if only your *headers* change, then my code sample should work for any headers that are different than your internal listings, regardless of header item.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back