Combine to STACK multiple columns in one column.

alimbondre

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear Experts,
In Excel, I have data in 10 columns (Lets say; A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I & J) starting from A1 to A1000 or more, B1 to B1000 or more, etc etc. Can I get all this data in any other Column (Lets say Column k) such that all data in Column A is on top, followed by all data in Column B, then C, D and finally J at the last. This also means that if there is data in all 1000 rows of each (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I & J) then Column K will show data from K1 to K10,000. Blanks, Zeros, #REF, etc in A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I & J must be ignored in K.

There was a thread in 2010 requiring only 2 columns (explained by Mr. Marcelo Branco) but I am unable to edit that formulae to get all 10 Columns. Can someone help achieve this without a VBA.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
If you already have a formula that works and just needs expanding then perhaps paste it so others can adapt for you

Upvote 0
This is the link where Mr. Marcelo Branco has given detailed and step by step explanation on how to stack data from TWO columns into one.

Upvote 0
using that method you would have to add the cell E2 formula for each of your columns from col L onwards for the number of columns you have (changing a to b and so on)
you would then need to amend the array formula to add another section for each of your columns.

there is a suggestion in that thread to use power query and table to columns. I would think that would be the quickest way to go.

Upvote 0
@gordsky Yes, but the issue is that I am unable to amend and add extra columns to that formula. However, still trying. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiz11713

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back