combining 3 columns to make a unique value

locka

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
We have Ticket logging system. When you log a ticket it ask you to define what issue relates to this has 3 different parts service, category and sub category. There are a total of 370 different entries per row. However in some instances either of the 1 or more of 3 parts can be selected. WE have daily report which list any combination of those parts that have had a Ticket logged against it.

I would like to combine these to make a unique reference with "\" as delimiter. I would like to be able to look at same combined columns from a daily spreadsheet With those of the mast spreadsheet. So that I can plot daily which have been used. I don't want to use a helper column but would like to combine them in VBA and then compare the two sets of combine columns.

I've looked at few examples but none seem to work. I found this using excel functions. Id like to do similar in vba

{=VLOOKUP(F3&"^"&F4,CHOOSE({1,2},A2:A8&"^"&B2:B8,C2:C8),2,FALSE)}

from this web site VLOOKUP with multiple criteria - Excel Off The Grid

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Examples on how your sheets looks like would help than letting helpers to come up with all kind of imaginations here ?

Upvote 0
Examples on how your sheets looks like would help than letting helpers to come up with all kind of imaginations here
Thanks for the reply however I have worked around the solution. Though I did think I had explained it well

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply however I have worked around the solution. Though I did think I had explained it well
Good you have the problem figured out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back