Combining English data worksheet and French data worksheet into one bilingual sheet. Already has macros.

chris4

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
What I want to do: Combine english and french data sheets to a bilingual sheet so when I need to update contact information it's only in one place.

I am working with a workbook used as a contact search tool. The first sheet is an index page that allows users to select what language you want the information in, the 2nd sheet is all the contact information data in English, the 3rd sheet is all the same information in french. I would like to combine sheet 2 and 3 to create a bilingual tab rather than a separate one. The last column (D) is the same on both data sheets but the other columns are different due to translation.
When a user accesses the workbook...
1. First, the user chooses English or french
2. Another box appears with options to choose from that corresponds to the columns in the data sheets (city, sector, department)
3. When the selections are all made the appropriate contact info is shown. (there are filters set on the data sheets to find the right person)
***the user still needs to be able to select what language they are using the search tool in once it's in one sheet.
Basically, the new sheet would have columns: A(en), A(fr), B(en), B(fr), C(en), C(fr), D

Picture1.png

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back