Combining Excel and Word documents

city_girl4you

Hi All,

I have created a sales contract for my sales reps in excel which will automatically calculate totals. The full contract however includes 3 pages of excel documents and 1 page of terms and conditions which is in Word.

Currently they would have to print four documents to create the full contract. Is there a way to combine both the excel and word documents so that I can save it all as a template and they only have to print one document instead of the 4 separate ones I have now?

Ultimately my goal is for them to hit print and the whole sales package would print.

Thanks in advance for any help I get.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hi,

There was a package called Microsoft Binder that you could use to collect different types of document together for printing etc.

They stopped disctributing it with Office 2003 I think but if you've got an earlier version you may have it installed.

Dom

Upvote 0
It's not hard to copy the three additional pages into separate sheets in your Sales Contract workbook. I'm assuming each of the three pages is a separate sheet - not that it matters. It still should print fine.

Making a macro to print all sheets in the workbook is fairly easy to do. Many people at MrExcel can help you with that.

If I were doing it, I would go get the text from Word and paste it into a blank Excel sheet. (Use Edit - Paste Special - Text to do this.) Then I would re-format the text, and essentially rewrite it to get it to print correctly in Excel.

Then that print macro I mentioned earlier would in fact print all sheets of your sales contract.

Incidentally, if you decide to try putting the Word page in Excel, I've found that it helps to include a second column at the right in the print range, and then reduce it to a width of 1. That way, it doesn't distort the printing, but forces Excel to include all the text in the left-hand column.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back