Combining formulas into a single cell

SSawyer

Hello everyone.

I am setting up a simple spreadsheet which has a few formulas in it which I need to combine into one cell. Here is an example of what I am working with:

Ref number
Date receivedTarget date RAG
170113-02=LEFT(A2, 6)=DATE(RIGHT(B2, 2)+100, MID(B2,3,2), LEFT(B2, 2))
03/05/2013
=NETWORKDAYS(C2,D2,0)

<tbody>
</tbody>

In the first column, I am presented with a reference number, which consists of a date, followed by a dash, and a further two numbers.

The second column strips out the dash and the extra numbers, so I am just left with the date portion.

The third column then converts this, so it is actually in a date format (If anyone knows a more elegant way of doing this, please let me know).

The fourth column is just a plain date, not associated with the first three columns.

The fifth column compares the dates in columns three and four, to ascertain the number of working days between the two. (In this case, the number of working days between 17/01/2013 and 03/05/2013).

Now, what I need to do, is to combine columns two, three and five, so that the calculations all occur in the same space. Does anyone know how I can do this.

Apologies if this post is unnecessarily long and rambling; let me know if you need more clarification on anything and I'll do my best.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hi, welcome to the forum:

Maybe like this:
Excel Workbook
ABCDE
1Ref numberDate receivedTarget date RAG
2170113-0203/05/201377
Sheet1

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Is this what you mean?

Excel Workbook
ABCDE
1Ref numberDate receivedTarget date RAG
2170113-023/05/1377
Date Calc

Edit: I defer to FormR :)

Upvote 0
=networkdays(date(right(left(a2, 6),2)+100,mid(left(a2, 6),3,2),left(left(a2, 6),2)),d2,0)

Upvote 0
=networkdays(date(right(left(a2, 6),2)+100,mid(left(a2, 6),3,2),left(left(a2, 6),2)),d2,0)
Note that using the DATE() function, as you did, you wouldn't need to keep extracting the left 6 characters before grabbing the digits you want.

=NETWORKDAYS(DATE(MID(A2,5,2)+100,MID(A2,3,2),LEFT(A2,2)),D2,0)

Upvote 0
Thanks
Peter_SSs

I simply subsitiute the different formulas, to show that aspect , rather than simplify - should have mentioned that in the post - thanks - re-looking at the expression, it looks silly now :(

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back