Combining IF and ROUND

PHnew

I am comparing two sets of data to arrive at a variance for further review. In the formula below "C4" actually holds numbers with several decimal points, but displays only 2

I am wanting the result of the formula below to show a dash if the result is zero, and show the actual number, rounded to 2, if other than zero.

Currently, because the number in C4 has a string of decimals, the true number is not zero; but for my purposes it is. But the result I displaying (0.00) rather than "-"

=IF(C4-H4=0,"-",C4-H4)

How do I add the Round function to this equation?

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I am comparing two sets of data to arrive at a variance for further review. In the formula below "C4" actually holds numbers with several decimal points, but displays only 2
I am wanting the result of the formula below to show a dash if the result is zero, and show the actual number, rounded to 2, if other than zero.
Currently, because the number in C4 has a string of decimals, the true number is not zero; but for my purposes it is. But the result I displaying (0.00) rather than "-"
=IF(C4-H4=0,"-",C4-H4)

You might want:

=IF(ROUND(C4-H4,2)=0,"-",ROUND(C4-H4,2))

But you might consider simply:

=ROUND(C4-H4,2)

formatted as Accounting (with None for Symbol) or a similar Custom format which displays "-" while the actual value is numeric zero. For example, Custom 0.00;(0.00);"-" .

If the result is the string "-", that might cause errors in some dependent formulas or complicate their design.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back