combining Index Match Match with IFS statements

drewab11

Hello All,

I have some normative data (what I call Index Scores) that are split by age groups (by decade). The "normal index" score is found by looking up two numbers in a table. I have managed to accomplish this with

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; color: #454545}</style>=INDEX(Imm!B47:Z87,MATCH(ScoreSheet!B8,Imm!A47:A87,0),MATCH(ScoreSheet!B9,Imm!B46:Z46,0))

However, I need the table that is referenced to be based on the age of the individual. For example, if the individual is between 40-49 the index score is based on Table1, but if their age is 50-59 it should be based on Table2.

I cannot seem to combine the Index Match formulate with an IF statement. Any help would be appreciated.

Numbers Used "Index Score"
Learning26100
Memory17

<colgroup><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

But the Index Score would be different for a 45 year old compared to a 55 year old.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
what table for 0-39 and what table for 60-xxx

what are the tables you want to use

these in your example are for what age group
Imm!B47:Z87
Imm!A47:A87
Imm!B46:Z46

=IF( AND( cell with age >= 40, cell with age <= 49), table for true - ie full formulas , IF( AND( cell with age >= 50, cell with age <= 59), table for true - ie full formulas , "not in age group))

Upvote 0
Hi Wayne,

Thank you! Even with the little information I provided (sorry about that!), your solution works perfectly! In the example that was for age group 40-49. So I changed up the Index Match formula for the 50-59 age groups and it appears to work! Thanks again, I very much appreciate it. If you have any suggestions on a simpler process, I'd appreciate it. I have tables for 20-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89... so these will be long formulas. But it sure beats having to look up in a reference table every single time.

-Andrew

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMES KECULAH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back