Combining Information - VBA Code

John_Gil

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Excel masters! :)

I need to develop a VBA code that brings information from a different file (3 different tabs) and combines everything into one final file.

The final file looks like the table below. We have 7 columns (column 3, 4 and 7 have always the same value):

The file from where the information is coming has the previous view:

Steps of the macro:
1- Filter in tabs "NI" and "ROI" column R by "C" and copy the information from columns C, D, I and P;
2- Filter in tab "OCADO" column Q by "C" and copy the information from columns C, D, I and o;
3- Paste information on the final file according with by column order shown in the final file.

I would really appreciate your help guys! :)

Thank you,
John

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
I only did limited testing on this.

VBA Code:
Sub t()
Dim sh As Worksheet, ary As Variant, i As Long
Set sh = Workbooks("CustomerAmendments").Sheets(1) 'Edit destination sheet name
ary = Array("NI", "ROI", "OCADO")
    For i = LBound(ary) To UBound(ary)
        With Sheets(ary(i))
            .UsedRange.AutoFilter 18, "C"
            .Range("C2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 3).End(xlUp)).Copy sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 5).End(xlUp)(2)
            .Range("D2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 4).End(xlUp)).Copy sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2)
            .Range("I2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 9).End(xlUp)).Copy sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 6).End(xlUp)(2)
                If i <> UBound(ary) Then
                    .Range("P2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 16).End(xlUp)).Copy sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp)(2)
                Else
                    .Range("O2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 15).End(xlUp)).Copy sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp)(2)
                End If
            .AutoFilterMode = False
        End With
    Next
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi @JLGWhiz and thank you so much for your help!

I get a error on the code on the seting part (please see below I highlighted in yellow):

VBA Code:
Sub CustomerAmends()
[COLOR=rgb(247, 218, 100)]Set sh = Workbooks("X:\Planning\production plans\production plans\Order Amendments\Combined amendments.xlsm").Sheets(1)[/COLOR] 

With Sheets(ary(i))
            .UsedRange.AutoFilter 17, "C"
            .Range("C2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 3).End(xlUp)).Copy sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 5).End(xlUp)(2)
            .Range("D2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 4).End(xlUp)).Copy sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp)(2)
            .Range("I2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 9).End(xlUp)).Copy sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 6).End(xlUp)(2)
                If i <> UBound(ary) Then
                    .Range("P2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 16).End(xlUp)).Copy sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp)(2)
                Else
                    .Range("O2", .Cells(Rows.Count, 15).End(xlUp)).Copy sh.Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp)(2)
                End If
            .AutoFilterMode = False
        End With
    Next
End Sub

Also on the tabs NI and ROI the filter should be on column 18 and on tab OCADO should be on column 17. Could you please make this adjustment as well?

Thank you,
John

Upvote 0
please see below I highlighted in yellow)
To manually highlight code you must use the rich tags, not vba tags
1597147010017.png

Upvote 0
This should fix the AutoFilter part.
VBA Code:
Sub t()
Set sh = Workbooks("CustomerAmendments").Sheets(1) 'Edit destination sheet name
        With Sheets(ary(i))
            If i <> UBound(ary) Then
                .UsedRange.AutoFilter 18, "C"
            Else
                .UsedRange.AutoFilter 17, "C"
            End If
                If i <> UBound(ary) Then
                Else
                End If
            .AutoFilterMode = False
        End With
    Next
End Sub
For the 'Set sh' satement, if the workbook is not already open you would get a 'Subscript out of range' error, so you need to either manually open the workbook before running the code or add modify the code with
VBA Code:
Dim wb As Workbook
Set wb = Workbooks.Open("X:\Planning\production plans\production plans\Order Amendments\Combined amendments.xlsm")
Set sh = wb.Sheets(1)

Upvote 0
Clarification: If the workbook is already open then you only need:

VBA Code:
Set sh = Workbooks("Combined amendments.xlsm").Sheets(1)

If it is not open at run time, then you would need to use the Workbooks.Open method using the full path name.

Upvote 0
Looks much better now and no error is displayed but it is still not working. Could it be because on the origin file I have more than only the 3 tabs ("ROI" "NI" and "OCADO")? In the file there are all the tabs in the picture below.
1597157108480.png

Could this be the issue?

Upvote 0
You need to give a better description of the results than "Not working". What is it doing? Is it producing any results and, if so, what are they?
The sheets are called up from an array, so it makes no difference how many you have in the workbook. If you have altered the code I posted, please copy and paste it back to the thread reply window so I can see what you are working with. Don't forget to use the code tags to retain fromatting.

Upvote 0
Also, the code needs to be in code module1 or one of the other user inserted code modules, not a sheet, userform or ThisWorkbook module. It is also unclear which workbook you are running the code from.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back