Combining Invoices to Vendor on one Report

FaxMeBeer

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I am sure that this has been asked, but I cannot come up with the right search terms to find it, I'm sorry.

I have a simple database with two tables (a "vendor" table, and an "invoice" table). Any vendor can have one, or any number of invoices. I want to make a report showing all invoices related to a vendor, rather than a report that has the vendor + one invoice, vendor + second invoice...etc..

I really just want something like a standard statement to be the end result, so that you'd see something like:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Vendor Name |
| Address |
| City, State Zip |
| |
| |
| Invoice # 123456, $1,000.00, Due: 08/31/2020 |
| Invoice # 456123, $1,500.00, Due: 08/25/2020 |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
______________________________________________________________________|

All I can manage to produce is a single the an individual page for each invoice, and that isn't what I'm trying for. Thanks for your help!

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Hi FaxMeBeer,

If your Invoices look like this:

Book2
ABCD
1VendorInvoice Value Due Date
2ACME123456 $ 1,000.00 31-Aug-20
3ACME456123 $ 1,500.00 25-Aug-20
4Pomer919191 $ 2,500.00 02-Sep-20
5ACME727272 $ 7,500.00 02-Nov-20
6Pomer123123 $ 1,230.00 10-Oct-20
Invoices

Then this can produce the Statement for the stated Vendor:

Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A6:C11A6=IF(COUNTIF(Invoices!$A$2:$A$9999,$A$1)<ROWS($A$5:$A5),"",INDEX(Invoices!B$2:B$9999,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW(Invoices!$A$2:$A$9999)/(Invoices!$A$2:$A$9999=$A$1),ROWS($A$5:$A5))))

Upvote 0
Toadstool,
This appears to be an Access question, not an Excel one (posted in the Access Question Forum and mentions databases, tables, and reports).

Upvote 0
FaxMeBeer,

Try creating a query between your two tables, put criteria on the vendor field, and use this query as the Record Source for the Report.
If you make it a "Parameter Query", when you go to open the Report, it will prompt you to enter the vendor, and then the Report will just show that vendor.
See here for how to create a Parameter Query: Access 2010: Queries: How to Create a Parameter Query

Upvote 0
A feature I've not played with much, but I think you can group the records and set it to start a new page with each group.

Upvote 0
A feature I've not played with much, but I think you can group the records and set it to start a new page with each group.
Yes, if the goal is to print all of them out (and not just one particular one), that method should work
Basically, you just put the vendor information in the Group Header, the Invoice information in the Detail section, and any Totals you want for the vendor in the Group Footer section.
And you can put the Page Break in the Group Footer section at the bottom.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back