Combining SORT(FILTER and IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi all,

A similar question to yesterday…

I have a workbook in which I keep records of all of my parkruns and associated challenges etc. (Some of you may be familiar with my previous queries whilst developing this workbook). One such type of challenge is completing parkruns with chess pieces within their names (for simplification I have in this example I have restricted to just one piece - ‘Rook’. The parkrun also has to be in the UK. In the workbook, this region’s worksheet is called ‘All Completed Runs - CHECK’.

The following five criteria need to be satisfied:

• The ‘Event (Venue)’ name (Column B) needs to have a name containing ‘Rook’
  • The ‘Country’ (Column D) needs to be ‘United Kingdom’
  • The Event needs to be an active one - (Column N - ‘Active Event (Venue)?’) needs to be populated with a ‘1’
  • The Country needs to be an active one - (Column O - ‘Active Country?’) needs to be populated with a ‘1’
  • The Event needs to be a 5K one - (Column P - ‘5K Event (Venue)?’) needs to be populated with a ‘1’

At present I just do a manual filter search of column B and manually copy / paste the list of parkruns, from the relevant area within the ‘parkrun Reader Dump’ worksheet. So, I just want to automate what I currently do via a manual copy / paste process - which can become quite time consuming, as I have many of these regions in the workbook.

Additionally, I would like them listed alphabetically, as they currently are, in the manually populated version.

I believe the date column should work as it does at present - i.e. Display the first date that I did that particular event, otherwise appear blank.

I’ve highlighted what I think are relevant worksheets in yellow

Link to workbook (One Drive): parkrun Chess Example.xlsx

Apologies the workbook’s large and may take up to a minute to open. - I can’t cut it down in size for this example, as there are so many interlinked worksheets etc. that are required for it to work.

I t has been suggested that I need an ISNUMBER(SEARCH function for this, but I haven’t been able to get this to work so far.

Thanks in advance!

Olly.

Yeah, that's fine. I was just thinking for my protected sheets if I wanted to leave some cells unlocked, I didn't want it to appear. it's fine, doesn't really matter. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Sorry, I did have one more thing, re counting in the summary sheet. For the manually inputted East Midlands parkruns, I used to count how many I had done with the following formula:

=IF('All Completed Runs'!B4="","",(COUNTIF('All Completed Runs - EM R (UK)'!B4:B2003,">0"))&" out of"&" "&COUNTIF('All Completed Runs - EM R (UK)'!B4:B2003,"<>"))

What would I now need to change this to? It's actually correct that I haven't done any out of that region, but it should read 0 out of 44, rather than 2000.

Thanks again.
Screenshot 2021-10-14 at 15.01.07.jpg

Upvote 0
As that's a totally different question, it needs a new thread. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back