Combining two workbooks together

EODAndy

Hello all,
First and foremost I am not a excel wiz and just beginning.
Background info:
I recently have taken over an operations position of a militaryschool and I am trying to clean up the way some data is stored and presented.

Currently I have been able to research and consolidate mostof the information I am using to 2 excel workbooks,
The first is a Master Roster with all Students informationwhich is a single worksheet (Top Row labels being: Student ID, Rank, Last,First, MI, SSN, Last 4, their current class #/grad/drop/etc., arrival date, enddate, GPA, test score for tests follow for the next 8 columns)
The second is a by class roster template that contains 14work sheets (Roster, individual Grade Sheets, Memo with students names, Labelsfor individual files, Attendance Log, then the remaining are test grade logs foreach test with all students last name). In this work book information for eachclass is copied and pasted into the Roster section that is the same as themaster Roster column headers, in turn creating all the individual/class sheetswith the transfer command “=’Roster’!B2” and so forth with all relative datagoing to the correct areas.

What I’m trying to do:

I’m trying to get these 2 workbooks combined if possible in someway?
Can I make a single template for each of the work sheets inthe Class roster within the Master roster that would auto populate the sameinformation but by putting in a student id or class number?

I appreciate any and all help from individuals

EODAndy

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back